The museum is located in the Cedar Hill Schoolhouse, 1003 River Road, Selkirk. Visitors are welcome to view the exhibits during open hours or by appointment. The museum houses a large collection of artifacts, clothing and ephemera based on Town of Bethlehem history.
In addition to the historic schoolhouse, the property contains a Toll -Gate which was saved from demolition when moved from its original location at what is now Marshall’s plaza at 9W and Feura Bush Road, a reproduction of a carriage house and an outhouse, moved from a residence on River Road in 2016.
2020 Fall Exhibits
New Exhibits for Fall 2020 are:
- How transportation formed Bethlehem history with Rivers, Roads & Rails.
- Step into an early classroom and see how our formal education system developed.
- Go Around the Mulberry Bush with early 20th c. housewives as they go about their weekly chores.
- Get acquainted with the Wilke family who farmed on Beaver Dam Road.
- Learn about events that took place right here in Bethlehem that led to the passage of 19th amendment one hundred years ago.
A new scavenger hunt will help lead you through the various exhibits.